Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Lazy Bunny

A lazy bunny is a big problem. They don't really exercise wich makes 'em chubby! If your'e always trying to get bunny too exercise then he is going to get fat. I have a VERY lazy bun. I was worried she might get chubby so I watched her diet closely so I wouldn't over feed her. Give bunny fun toys to play with and shut the cage door when she exercises. If he just sits there then coax him with a healthy treat
and hold it up over his head. Find out what his favorite toys are. Ones to chew on will give him good dental health.
When you feed bunny give her 2 tsp. or no pellets at all. Remember if you already give her them then you must slowly wean her off them. Give her only hay and good veggies. NO "fun" mixes, or treats.
This'll help keep a lazy bun from getting chubby.
You may need to give her a bigger cage to play in. A big cage will make bunny explore, and want to play in. Bunnies are more active at night though. So bunnies may not be quite so hoppy in the day.

I hope this helps a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I have a lazy bunny so I know how it is! I'll take her to exercise and she'll just sit there.....and sit............

    ReplyDelete